Friday, September 23, 2005

Dark now; TV weathercasters

It's almost night here now, and the wind is picking up. We're fairly sure we'll lose power (only one of these big trees needs to lose a large limb over a powerline). So, flashlights and battery-radios (I'm used to streaming NPR on my laptop. Not tonight, I guess.)

I usually hate TV, and used to think that TV newscasters were ranked slightly below insurance salesmen (and lawyers, some would say) on the "contributors-to-civilized-society" scale. Frank Billingsley has changed my mind. He's the weathercaster for Houston's TV Channel 2. He's been on constantly for the last two days, with no apparent breaks for sleep. His presentation has been lucid, calm, and informative. I'm impressed. (No accident that he works for NBC? The network that carries "The West Wing"?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home