Friday, September 23, 2005

A few suggestions for you...

Vince,

We're hoping things go well for you, and we're praying as well. The blog is a great idea. I'm watching it throughout the day.

I had a few suggestions for you.

First, blogger will let you post with your cell phone. They call it mobile blogging. The link to how to do it is on the Blogger login page. Use that if your web connection fails. [POLLEY RESPONSE: I'm ready/able to do this, when necessary.]

Second, how about including a link to the google maps page that shows your house. As the storm progresses, it would be good to know where your house is so that we can correlate that to the storm damage reports. If you need a tip on how to do that, let me know. Also, if you don't want to put your address on the blog, just email me your address, and I'll look it up for myself. [POLLEY RESPONSE: Neat idea. URL is {deleted on 30 Sept 2005}]

Third, I know you've probably thought about it, but have you backed up your computer (or atleast the really important files, pictures, etc.) to a remote destination over the web? [POLLEY RESPONSE: All taken care of.]

Best of luck. Let us know if there is anything we can do. Our guestroom is available if it comes to that, but I know you've got family you'd probably stay with if it gets that bad. [POLLEY RESPONSE: Too cold in Minnesota for me!]

[POLLEY EXPLANATION: Michael McGuire is a close friend with a technical bent. I asked him and my two brothers-in-law to be co-owners of this blog, so they could make direct postings to it, conveying information I might not be able directly to post. One of my brothers-in-law is acting as the phone-coordinator for us/Elizabeth -- if we go "off-line" we'll keep him posted if/when we can communicate by phone. Michael may be able to help them manage blog postings.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home