Friday, September 23, 2005

Slide Show of Tracking Maps

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I've been using FLICKR to chronicle the various time-stamped prediction maps issued by NOAA (National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration), since Wednesday afternoon (when I got back from Kuwait) to-date.

I've just posted the most recent prediction (still looks like Houston'll escape the worst), and have finally arranged these pictures in chron order. It occurs to me that you might find it interesting to take a look at the what we were "seeing" when I was making the postings here.

The pics are at http://www.flickr.com/photos/16626231@N00/sets/997369/ -- click "View as slideshow".

Even notice how certain smells can trigger quite sharp recollections? For me, this slideshow brings back the feelings I had at 06:00 yesterday.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that the right URL? That takes me to the Houston Chronicle, not to Flikr.

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home